Monday, November 8, 2010

Our new hometown

Britton staking his claim on our new city.

Oh the Nomad life. This June we will be moving for the 7th move in our relatively new life together (I count a "move" as any place I lived for more than a couple months). I think the moves have been really challenging for us, but have always afforded us with innumerable learning experiences and we've developed a sense of independence that we definitely didn't have when we first got married. Thankfully we've moved so much that we know what to expect. I think the only real challenge this time will be finding new friends.

This time we are headed to the smallest town yet, Traverse City, MI. Britton and I went on our first 'vacation' since C dawg was born to scope out our new town.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm more than a little nervous about moving "up North" -- beauty is definitely not lacking, but I am used to the luxuries of living in a city: trips to the zoo, museums, virtually any store is within a 10 minute drive and a lot of people... there are infinite possibilities for rainy day activities in Detroit. Luckily we really enjoyed Traverse City. Even though it rained the ENTIRE TIME, it really is very very cool and has a bit of a city vibe and amazing restaurants...we'll just have to get our 2 year old adjusted to snow shoes and cross country skis during the winter!

And this is Britt's future office...gimmie a break. Chloe and I will be deep in the woods somewhere all day while he will be gazing at sailboats on crystal clear Lake Michigan.

3 comments:

  1. Molly, it really is a beautiful play!!! Can't believe your a Michgander! I feel you on the Nomad lifestyle! Can't wait to settle down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your = you're I'll be proof reading my comments from now on! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...