I usually go all out for Christmas, but this year I cut back A LOT. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but living with a toddler makes me more excited for some aspects of Christmas and less for others. I did make one new decoration this year - I hand stitched these numbers on a home-made advent calendar. Easy peasy. The messier looking, the better in my eyes.

Added some gold picks to a vase and a hand stitched Mother & Child (thanks for selling this at our garage sale Adele!) and a miniature nativity to our already stocked shelves.

Nothing says fun like a billion plastic ornament bulbs for Chloe to throw around.

Unfortunately we only have a small (faaaaaaaakeee) tree this year. (PS - note the introduction of C's new rocking horse. I bought it for 4 bucks at a garage sale and repainted it... great buy.)

Represent.

The most integral addition to our holiday cheer: Our elf "Peppermint" who sits around watching Chloe miss-behave all day and who reports to the big man up North at night. When Chloe is being especially naughty I like to remind her, "Who are we supposed to be good for?" And expecting the answer to be Jesus, Mommy or Daddy....she almost always replies, "for Peppermint!" Well, one step at a time.

Merry Christmas Ya'll!

Added some gold picks to a vase and a hand stitched Mother & Child (thanks for selling this at our garage sale Adele!) and a miniature nativity to our already stocked shelves.

Nothing says fun like a billion plastic ornament bulbs for Chloe to throw around.

Unfortunately we only have a small (faaaaaaaakeee) tree this year. (PS - note the introduction of C's new rocking horse. I bought it for 4 bucks at a garage sale and repainted it... great buy.)

Represent.

The most integral addition to our holiday cheer: Our elf "Peppermint" who sits around watching Chloe miss-behave all day and who reports to the big man up North at night. When Chloe is being especially naughty I like to remind her, "Who are we supposed to be good for?" And expecting the answer to be Jesus, Mommy or Daddy....she almost always replies, "for Peppermint!" Well, one step at a time.

Merry Christmas Ya'll!
So cute!! A rocking horse for 4 bucks? That is awesome!
ReplyDeleteLove your homemade advent calendar! I think I'll try to make this next year.
ReplyDelete