I went to the best place on Earth: Detroit Antiques Mall.
If you are looking for found items from Detroit's glory days you HAVE to check it out. How about hundreds of doorplates and knobs for only dollars each. Or 60 old school desk chairs. Or thousands of architectural pieces. It's got some of the best paintings and wall art I've seen EVER at an antique shop. It's located in the heart of the city, so you may want to come armed with extra adults for hauling out your treasures... and for use as body guards... ha ha.
Of course I would have liked to buy...oh everything. But since we are renters AND we are moving to a new city soon, I couldn't think of hauling many treasures home.
I did come home with one little gem.

She's in really good shape, but, even so, I'm gonna slap some new handle grips on her and give her a fresh coat of paint.
I can't decide what color. Any suggestions?
Chloe's legs aren't long enough to move the pedals...but she's good at pretending like she's going super fast.




If you are looking for found items from Detroit's glory days you HAVE to check it out. How about hundreds of doorplates and knobs for only dollars each. Or 60 old school desk chairs. Or thousands of architectural pieces. It's got some of the best paintings and wall art I've seen EVER at an antique shop. It's located in the heart of the city, so you may want to come armed with extra adults for hauling out your treasures... and for use as body guards... ha ha.
Of course I would have liked to buy...oh everything. But since we are renters AND we are moving to a new city soon, I couldn't think of hauling many treasures home.
I did come home with one little gem.

She's in really good shape, but, even so, I'm gonna slap some new handle grips on her and give her a fresh coat of paint.
I can't decide what color. Any suggestions?
Chloe's legs aren't long enough to move the pedals...but she's good at pretending like she's going super fast.




Great find. Jimmy got the reproduction version of this for Christmas. But yours is classic. Is it lame of me to say that you should keep it red?
ReplyDeleteDarn. I was hoping it would be a post on Eminem.
ReplyDeleteChloester is pretty dang cute though.