Monday, September 26, 2011

Camping

We braved a long weekend camping in the Huron National Forest. It was super amazingly beautiful - HOWEVER, taking a two year old to an extremely secluded campsite with no grate over the cook fire was too adventurous. There was little to no sleep. But the overall sentiment was that is was a fabulous first family vacation. Our nearest neighbor was at least 1/2 mile away and our site was nestled at the top of a sand dune that was at least 200 ft. above a beautiful river. Not a modern convenience in sight!

Chloe caring for her 'babies' (Piglet & Froggy) in a sling.


Family bandanas!

Hot chocolate

We also visited a Woodsmen Memorial



We ended the trip with a trip with a great miniature train ride.

Here is a photo Britt snapped while in the pitch-black train tunnel. I love Chloe's expression!

3 comments:

  1. it's gorgeous!!! I love Chloe's face in the last picture too. And PS, you guys kind of look like you just stepped out of a magazine...but we always knew you had great fashion sense :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mol! I love it!!! I wish the O'Beirnes were more woodsy. That being said, Chloe and I need to have a pow-pow so I can sing her all my Michigan songs from my childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last picture is my favorite! And the family bandanas. I'm so glad your trip was a success- it looks like a blast.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...